What is my travel personality?
I want to see it all, so I’m open to all destinations. I already know I like to see several places in one trip. I can sit still at home, I need to see stuff. I also already know I’m a shopaholic so on vacation, I make sure to bring an extra bag. I prefer to fly. I want to get where I’m going as quickly as possible, but I also can enjoy short road trips if I can cross multiple places off my bucket list and my driving contribution is contained to three hours per day. I only want to be gone 3 weeks max (I once took a month long vacation through Europe and while the trip of a lifetime, I never want to be gone that much again, even in retirement). I’m a hard core planner so all the details will be planned in full. I know when, where, how and how much it’s going to cost me. My go where the wind takes me adventures are also planned. I don’t know where it will lead but I know the date and times.
So armed with all this information, what does this say about how I travel? I went on an internet search for travel quizzes to see what they would come up with. This is a list of what the various results were. The website quizzes are linked to each.
- Group / cruise traveler. Joining a group / bus tour will help you see multiple destinations on one trip.
- Not having to save a lot to travel.
- Getting to see more for less $$.
- Hostels typically have a great community built around them.
- To make the most of it, you must have a flexible schedule.
- Risky to travel with a lot of expensive electronics (cameras / laptops).
- Some destinations won’t be conducive to budget travel.
- More planning involved.
- Less personal space.
This traveler likes to hit lots of spots at once, have their itinerary planned out and make friends along the way. Check. This sounds like me.
- A Wanderer. For you, travel is how you learn about the world. And you like to learn the stuff that’s not in guidebooks. You truly have wanderlust. When you’re not traveling, you’re dreaming about where you’ll go next. And your travels are truly legendary – they leave you with stories you’ll be telling for the rest of your life!
Check. Check. This is definitely me.
- The Pop Culture Junkie. Whether it’s movies, TV or celebrities, you’re always on the pulse of pop culture trends – and whatever the rest of us haven’t heard of yet. You bring natural cool-hunting abilities with you wherever you go.
I did not know this was a type of travel, but it is me yet again.
- The Planning Traveler Before you even step foot on a plane, you research everything you could possibly need to know about the location you’re heading to. You are an expert on all the best bars, restaurants, museums, and landmarks — your schedule is jam-packed. Your friends either love you or hate you for your meticulous planning.
Wow, I’m on a roll, this is also definitely me.
- Adventurer. You are where the adventure is. Nothing can hold you back from trekking the rugged terrain of Nepal or working in the dense forests of Madagascar. Volunteering in places like these is an adventure all in its own – step out of your comfort zone and immerse yourself fully in the Filipino culture by working and living within a hill tribes community. Remember, “We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong”…
Ok, so there is a pattern forming. I stopped after these five because either I’m really good at fooling quizzes or this is my personality. I am a planning adventurer. I like it.